At the beginning of a yoga class, we often offer small intentions to bring forth the energy desired. At the beginning of a New Year, we can open ourselves to intentions on a much grander scale! Forgiveness is a big one and my intention for 2024. Time and again I will be reminded to forgive myself and others, and realize it takes patience and grace to be truly free of ego. It takes awareness, kindness and mindful movement of which yoga makes us capable, so I move forward with faith and optimism that complete healing is possible for us all.
The Body Harmony Yoga community continues to show me how relationships flourish with acts of kindness, compassion, and forgiveness. I feel so blessed to witness and be part of this kind of spiritual growth. There is very little more meaningful to me than students, friends and family that connect with openness and love. May pure intention and daily gratitude bring more of the same this coming year.
Blessings to all for a year full of love and light.
I humbly acknowledge that I live, learn, work and play on the unceded and traditional territory of the Coast Salish peoples.
“Nurture in Nature Yoga Retreat”
Apr. 22-24/24 at Bowen Island, BC
Our individual and unique nature is intertwined with everything living, however so many things we do shift us out of balance. When we are mindful in nature, it naturally restores the harmony and rhythm within ourselves, nurturing a more joyful experience of life. For our special time together, we will let our true nature find its flow through meditation, movement and breathing yoga practices in the nurturing serenity of our surroundings. On Bowen Island, settled in the heart of the 20 acres of forested property that is Nectar Yoga, we will gather in community to rebalance our material bodies while honoring our hearts, minds and spirits. It is our hope this retreat will encourage the creation of new rituals and healthy habits to help keep you in balance, so you may live life to the fullest.
LOCATION: This nurturing retreat will take place at Nectar Yoga, a beautiful sanctuary 20 mins off the coast a short distance from on the ancestral and unceded territory of Nexwlélexwm (Bowen Island, BC). Our practices will take place in a beautiful geodesic dome that is nestled in the Alders near a babbling creek fed by the fresh water spring that rises from the earth. They will also be held outdoors intertwined with nature and in the beautiful Onyx lodge.
- Centering Yoga Practices (including Hatha, Yin & Restorative modified for all levels and abilities)
- Guided Meditation, Yoga Nidra & Breathwork sessions
- Yoga props
- Special Workshop TBA
- Fire Ceremony (dependent on weather and island fire regulations)
- Time for sharing and hearing each others stories in community
- Time for quiet and rest in nature or your cabins
- Hot Tub Soaks
- Nourishing Organic Meals (Dinner x 2, Breakfast x 2, Lunch x 1)*
- Healthy Snacks and Tea
- Luxury Accommodations
- Shampoos, Conditioners, Soaps and Lotion (Natural and Eco Friendly)
- Opening and Closing Circles
* All meals are provided and we will do our best to accommodate special food requirements. Please note however, that if the requirements are extremely specialized you may need to bring some of your own food.
- Ferry transportation to and from Bowen Island (see below)
- Vehicle Transportation from the ferry to the retreat center (we encourage car pooling)
- Beach towels
- Extra snacks and drinks as per individual diets
GETTING THERE: BC Ferries runs a regular schedule from Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver. Please check the schedule to arrive on time: https://www.bcferries.com/routes-fares/schedules/daily/HSB-BOW You can travel on the ferry by car, foot or bike. If you travel by foot there is a bus (#280) just up the road about 100 feet that meets most ferries and will drop you at the entrance to Nectar.
HOW TO BOOK: We ask that you please fill out form below as soon as possible if you are planning on joining us. You will receive a reply within 48 hours of its receipt.
DEPOSIT: A $300 CAD deposit is required to hold your spot.
EARLY BIRD: Early Bird pricing will be open to the first 6 people booking prior to January 31st. (see pricing below).
FINAL PAYMENT: The final payment is 45 days prior on March 8th, 2024. After final payment you will receive a detailed list of what to bring along with your full retreat itinerary.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The $300 CAD deposit is non-refundable. Cancellation 30 days prior (or less) to retreat departure will not be refunded, as all planning will have been settled. You are however welcome to gift the retreat to another person or enquire about the waitlist so we can connect you with others waiting to join.
“Playing in the Light” Friday Flow January 5th to March 8th 2024
There are two choices for signing up for our yoga session this term:
- Purchase a 10 Class Virtual Pass for $120 with an eTransfer (or cheque, see below) to email@example.com and note what it is for. It will automatically be deposited and does not require a password. You will be sent the zoom link every week this session, whether you come or not until all your classes are used. This pass is on sale now and will be sold until Jan. 15th and will expire March 8th/24.
- Drop In to any class for $14 with an eTransfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10pm Thursday (each week). Please note on the etransfer what it is for and it will automatically be deposited and does not require a password. I do not send a confirmation that it has been received, but you will receive the Zoom link Thursday night.
If you choose to join us, Lori will send you the Zoom link on Thursday 9pm. Please be in touch if you have any questions at all. We look forward to welcoming you to this rewarding class and community this year!
“To come home to yourself, may all that is unforgiven in you Be released. May your fears yield Their deepest tranquillities. May all that is unlived in you Blossom into a future Graced with love.” ― John O’Donohue